View-it allows a reverse camera feed to be relayed direct to an in-vehicle computer display, thus avoiding the need for separate display screens.
- As soon as the vehicle is put in reverse the image from the reverse camera is instantly displayed on the computer screen.
- Once reverse is disengaged, the display reverts to its previous state freeing up the screen for normal use.
View-it is suitable for any vehicle fitted with a compatible camera – all it requires is a device producing a feed that is supported by Microsoft DirectShow® We suggest a camera + video capture device combination.
View-it is a stand-alone product that also integrates well with the Blank-it distracted driving solution and we recommend that all fleet owners consider installation of Blank-it as a vital part of their safety/OH&S obligations.
- Cost Avoidance – No need to buy an expensive reverse camera set-up. Use your existing in-vehicle computer for the reverse feed image.
- Safety – Reduce the distraction by reducing the amount of mounted monitors in the vehicle.
- Unobtrusive – Initializes a full-screen image containing the camera feed. When not reversing View-it is completely invisible to the user.
- The View-it product includes software and smart cables ready for installation.
How View-it works:
- View-it is wired in to reverse lights; Circuit is complete when reverse lights are on; at all other times the circuit is broken
- A full screen display window showing the camera feed will pop up when View-it detects that the vehicle is in reverse. This screen is hidden if the vehicle is not in reverse or the computer is not connected to the dock.
What the driver sees:
- When driving around normally, you don’t know it’s there
- When reversing, you get an instant full-screen video feed